Vels Medical College & Hospital, Tiruvallur, Tamil Nadu is a tertiary care hospital with all broad specialties, and OPD-based super specialty facilities are available. Hospital has the following facilities:-
- 430 Bedded Hospital
- State of the art critical care facilities (ICU, ICCU, IRCU, SRCU, NICU, PICU, Critical Care Burns Unit, Post-Op Surgical Care Unit & Obstetric HDU/ICU)
- State of the art operation theatre complex, Major O.T. – 04 and Minor O.T. – 07
- Fully Automated Central Laboratory
- BSL2 (Covid-19 Test Lab)
- Blood and Component section
- 24X7 Emergency Medicine Department Services.
- Digital X-Ray, USG, Doppler, 32 Slice C.T. Scan and MRI 1.5 Tesla.
- 24X7 Pharmacy facilities.
- Modern equipments like Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and Laparoscopy.
Institute is located in a flush green secure atmosphere, spread over 34 acres, and well connected to Chennai city. The campus has more than 6.5 lakh sq. ft of built-up area with interconnected concrete campus road and landscape garden. Institute has the following infrastructure.
- Medical College Block.
- Teaching Staff Quarters.
- Non-teaching Staff Quarters.
- Boys and Girls Hostel.
- Nursing Hostel.
- Resident Doctor Quarters (Male and Female)
- Interns Quarters (Male and Female)
- Hospital and College Canteen.
- Mess facility.
- Indoor and Outdoor sports facility.
- Dedicated R.O. Plant.
- Genset Power Back up.
Teaching and Training Facilities
- Two well-equipped air-conditioned Lecture Galleries ( in college block) are available for taking large group teaching. In addition, each department is equipped with a library cum seminar room, Lab, Demo rooms, and museum facility.
- Institute has well equipped Central Research Lab, Photography Unit, MEU Unit, and Skill Lab for student learning.
- OPD and IPD areas are equipped with an examination room, demo room, and another training facility for clinical posting and patient learning purposes.
- Central Library is fully air-conditioned, well equipped with more than 7000 Books of National and International additions. It has subscriptions of more than 100 National and International Journals. It has interactive multimedia CD-ROM and printing facility, in addition, it has 40 nods internet facility for students.
The Central library is air conditioned, well equipped with adequate Books, National and Internationals, Journals, Periodicals, A-V aids Interactive Multimedia, e-books and online facility are also provided for the under graduate students and faculty members. It is also provided with modern computer facilities with access to internet for obtaining online update information.
Students are encouraged to make use of all the above facilities such as Lending Books, CD Rom browsing, Document scanning and Photocopying.
|(A)||Layout and Floor Area||2400 Sq.M|
|College Library||Air Conditioned|
|(B)||Working hours||9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m
(Reference: 24 hrs Reading room)
|Total Journals||Indian: 23|
|Foreign : 14|
|Computers (MEDLAR ROOM)||40|
|Facilities available||Photo copier, TV, VCR, Internet facility with 40 nodes, Computer lab, Medlar and Internet room|