The Vels Medical College and Hospital (VMCH) is located on 12/123, Periyapalayam Road, Velan Nagar, Manjankaranai village, Uthukottai Taluk, Tiruvallur District – 601102.face
- The hospital works round the clock with all emergency services
- The Central Library from 8.30 AM to 9.00 PM on all working days and 8.30 AM- 4.00 PM on holidays.
- All Staff should wear color-coded uniforms with respective department uniforms or Aprons as applicable and an identification card of VMCH
Casualty And Emergency Services
- The Casualty department is functional round the clock on all days. There is a separate emergency section of the OBG department which is attached to the labor room.
- The casualty ward is well equipped with 20 beds, a Central oxygen supply, Central suction, Defibrillator, Pulse Oximeter, Ambu bag, disaster trolleys, and crash carts. It is connected with emergency O.T which is well equipped with anesthesia, Resuscitation, and surgical equipment.
- Casualty Medical officers and Resident Doctors are available 24×7. Call days are fixed with various Consultants and are available round the Clock Emergency Cases are attended to promptly.
- The radiology, central laboratory, and pharmacy departments are placed adjacent to the Casualty to serve emergency patients round the Clock.
- The Vels Medical College and Hospital (VMCH) has Spacious OPD facilities for Health care for all kinds of People. All the departments like General Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, OBG, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dermatology, Psychiatry, and Dentistry have their OPD facilities.
- All the departments are having sufficient space for teaching / clinical demonstration of cases with separate rooms. Clinical examination rooms have been provided for all the specialists.
- Lecture halls
- Many facilities are provided at the OPD level, such as ECG, Plaster, Injection and immunization, contraception and MTP services, minor surgical intervention, physiotherapy, bronchoscopy, endoscopy, etc
- Patient trolley/wheelchairs are available at the entrance of the OPD, free of charge.
- General OPD on Monday to Saturday: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Round-the-Clock Investigation facilities are provided by the Central lab, which houses the Department of Pathology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology. Routine and specialized tests on the latest equipment using the latest technology. Hospital has a Laboratory Information System (LIS) for the speedier and accurate generation of reports.
- The Department at Radio-diagnosis has 2 Portable, X-ray 300mA, 600mA, machines, and Ultrasound machines with doppler.
- A canteen is available, which serves hygienic food for a nominal price.
Support Services & Facilities Available
- Wheel Chairs and stretchers are available for patients
- Lifts and ramps for easy movement of patients
- UPS and to back-up Generator, to cater emergency services
- Free food supply to the inpatients and Cool mineral drinking water
- Wash room facilities are available.
Tobacco Free Campus Policy
- VMCH is Tobacco Free Campus, is part of the institutes commitment to creating a healthy campus and overall health and well-being. Patients and their attendants are strictly prohibited from any traditional tobacco products such as cigarettes and chewing tobacco, in the hospital premises.
Enquiry & Information
- Enquiry reception and OPD registration counter are located at the main entrance of Hospital Block
- Central Enquiry: 044-35035035
- Telephone No.of Reception: 044-35035035 / 044-27629400
- MS Phone: 044-35035035 /8120
- Casualty: 044-35035035 /8127
- Blood Bank: 044-35035035 / 8140
- Pharmacy : 044-35035035 /8129
- Dean Phone: 044-35035035 /8181
- Mobile: +91 9150004078
- Email: email@example.com